The next step…
We are delighted that families and friends can gather again and that in many ways life is getting back to normal, but at the same time we are still cautious.
We are looking forward to an incredibly busy summer with an influx of visitors to Devon and our absolute priority is keeping you and our team safe.
After consulting with our team, we have decided that we will continue to wear face coverings when serving customers and we will also ask our customers (if able) to wear one too. Inside only of course and as before it can be taken off once seated.
We hope you will be understanding of our request and join us in continuing to wear face coverings indoors for a little longer.
These other Covid-Secure procedures are also staying in place:
- Good ventilation – we are blessed with a large outside seating area and whenever possible we will encourage customers to sit outside in the fresh air. If you prefer you can choose to sit inside. Doors & windows will be open and we also have mechanical air extractors.
- Order & Pay Safely – during the day, even when sitting inside, you will be asked to join the external queue to order & pay at the counter (card only) and then pop up to the collection station when your pager beeps to collect your food & drinks.
- Cleaning – we have daily cleaning schedules in place and will continue with our ‘hard surface sanitation schedule’ whereby touch points are sanitised 4 times a day as well as on-the-go.
- Screens are staying – we will be keeping the protective screens at the till point and in between internal tables. This does mean out internal seating capacity is still lower than it was before, but we are happy with that. It also means large bookings (6+) are tricky, but if you email us your booking enquiry, we can discuss options.
- Hand Hygiene – as a food business we have always been great at handwashing. This is constantly reinforced with the team and we will be keeping plenty of hand sanitiser around the café for you to use too.
- Test & Trace – it is no longer a requirement that we record the details of your visit. The Check-In posters will still be displayed, so if you want to still support the NHS Test & Trace system you can. As before PLEASE DO NOT visit us if you or someone you live with are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 or you have been asked to self-isolate.
Reminder about visiting during the day
We have PLENTY of outside seating in our pretty courtyard.
There are no bookings during the day, just turn up and find a table (in or out). Once seated there will be a QR code on the table for you to scan and voila! up pops the menu for the day. When you have decided what you would like, you join a safely distanced queue to order inside at the counter (one in / one out). It’s card payments only.
You won’t need a table number, instead you are given a nifty pager that will beep and buzz when your order is ready. Then you pop to the collection station and collect your order to take back to your table and enjoy.
We kindly ask that when you are finished you take your rubbish to the bin station, separating out glass and food to help with recycling.
The whole process is quick, easy and safe with minimal interaction or touch points.
Everything during the day is being served in eco disposable packaging. This is to enable us to remove the need to have someone washing dishes all day. By operating with a smaller team, it means we are hopeful we will be able to remain open should some of the team be asked to isolate. Not washing dishes helps us massively with this, so we thank you very much for your understanding.
Reminder about visiting for dinner
Tom and Dave have a treat in store for you! It’s a set menu, starting with nibbles and then a selection of dishes served to the table for you to enjoy. You are in their capable hands and we hope it will provide you with the opportunity to try some new and interesting things!
They will of course cater for any special dietary requests, so be sure to let us know in advance if you have an allergy or intolerance that needs looking after.
We have tables available inside or outside for dinner, choose your preference when booking. Sitting times are from 6.15pm to 7.45pm.
We want to you be able to book the outside tables with confidence, so rest assured if the weather forecast comes in bad we will offer you some options and if nothing suits you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
If you have any queries or questions about anything you can email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. It’s hard for us to get to the telephone, so email is the best and quickest form of communication.
Thank you ❤
Your support, as always, means the world to us. Thank you.